Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Bathroom Progress

All I have are photos from Friday onwards. The tower really is dead and unsalvageable: the hard drive itself just choked. No virus.
I have to admit I kind of gave up on the bathroom tiling project on Thursday--the day we started to lay the tile. The kerdie membrane itself is thick--and I had not figured it into my calculations for building the niche and tiling it. So, the niche is smaller than I'd anticipated resulting in a lot of careful cutting. The distance between the niches turned out to be slightly more than three tiles--like an 1/8th of an inch more.
I couldn't deal with it. Sad, but true. I just couldn't wrap my head around it at all. There was also one of those "displacement" fights where a huge ruckus blows up because tension is high, tempers are short and semi-innocent people get yelled at over minor unrelated issues.
That was Friday. I bowed out and began cleaning the house (and boy did it need it.) Daedalus stepped in and took over and dealt with all the finnicky cuts and made the decision about how to handle the 1/8th inch "gap."
This is where we were at when I bowed out Friday morning.

By Saturday morning, Daedalus had got this much done:



On Saturday, I sent him to do a bottle drive ith Emma for her Girl Guide trip to San Fransisco this summer. I did about five of them last winter with our son for his trip to Nefoundland. Badly timed, but it was his turn.
By Sunday night, he had made a tremdous amount of progress.


Monday, feeling under the weather, I lay on the couch and atched CSI while Daedalus went back into the bathroom. I'm not sure he even ate. By the time he came to bed, he'd completed the back wall and started on the non-plumbing end wall.


I took these pics this morning. Daedalus is back at work, now and I don't think we'll be finished for yet another week.
My son does his work on this computer--so it is doubtful I'll be able to post much for the next while. You can bet I will let you know when we're all done and ready to take showers and baths again.
That will be a happy day.
(PS. I have been double spacing between the paragraphs but noticed that they didn't space out once blogger published the post. My apologies if it happens again.)

2 comments :

Carol-Anne said...

I cannot believe how much work you guys have done on that bathroom! Wow. I'm really impressed. Good luck with it and with the computer issues. Looking forward to seeing the tile when it's done.

onshore said...

It's starting to look very good. Your hubby has worked real hard and you too!

Where have you showered now?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...